About The Event
It is a fact that the current pandemic has significantly impacted the different fields ranging from business operations, healthcare economy to cyber security. Governments have been making unprecedented interventions in response to the coronavirus, however, all the sectors seem to change in front of our eyes. It obviously became challenging for organizations to manage data protection compliance.
In this webinar, we look to the future of privacy with Baroum Mrad, a Data Protection Officer at Cantonal Hospital of Ticino in Switzerland. We will provide recommendations and practical advice to organisations with respect to some aspects of privacy and data protection after the lockdown. We will also delve into whether the pandemic will lead to mass digital surveillance by governments. If so, the bigger question is whether or not the governments would retract these privacy contravening measures once things get back to normal.
• Affected industries and changing perspectives;
• Collecting personal data for broader interests;
• Evaluation of applicable data protection laws and privacy policies relating to personal data;
• Mass surveillance after the lockdown;
• Main risks to the Privacy after the lockdown;
• Key actions DPOs should be taking to assist organisations.
Featuring: Baroum Mrad (DPO of Cantonal Hospital of Ticino, Data Scientist)
Host: Samir Aliyev (DPO Programme Director at the University of St.Gallen & CEO at Swiss Cyber Forum)
Our Webinars are the “Ask-an-Expert” service, so individuals have access to legal and technical expertise to address their issues or concerns.